Community Park - Native Forest Theme
GPS: N44.31457 - W093.97034
Stones Park was established in 1959. This park lies on a portion of the land owned by the Stone family, one of the first families in Saint Peter. Azro A. Stone (1840-1906) came to Saint Peter as a teenager with his family in 1854. He was elected Nicollet County Sheriff in 1866, sudied the law and became Clerk of Distrit Court, and joined Sumner Ladd in the Ladd-Stone law practice. He was mayor of Saint Peter in 1879. His son, Marshall Stone (1876-1951) was also an attorney and prominent citizen of Saint Peter.
For more information about Azro A. Stone.