- Applying For a House Permit (PDF)
- Applying For a Deck Permit (PDF)
- Applying For a Garage or Accessory Bldg Permit (PDF)
What requires a permit?
No permit is needed for the following types of work:
- Cabinetry and similar finish work
- Swing sets or playgrounds
- 1 story detached accessory structure under 200 square feet
- Retaining Walls less than 4’ high
- Movable cases, counters, partitions (including fences) not over 7’ high
- Replacing existing fixtures
An Excavation Permit is needed before the following can be changed or altered in any way.
- Patio slabs over 120 square feet
- Storage sheds over 120 square feet
The following types of projects require a Building Permit:
- Repair or replace roofing
- Repair or replace siding
- New or replacement windows
- New or replacement doors
- Replace, install or remove sheetrock
- Basement waterproofing
- Repair or replace porch or deck
- Partitions over 7’ high
- Storage sheds over 200 square feet
- Building additions
- New construction
The following types of projects require a Plumbing or Mechanical Permit:
- *Emergency Repairs* - In an emergency situation, if a water heater, air conditioner or furnace must be replaced, the permit application shall be submitted to the building official within the next working business day.
- New or replacement Water heater
- New or replacement Air Conditioner / Furnace
- New or replacement Air to Air exchanger
- New or replacement Gas or Solid fuel fireplace
- New construction
Effective January 2016, Permit fee for replacement of furnace, central air conditioner, or water heater has increased to $46.00.
The Building Official is usually available in City Hall from 8:00-9:00 a.m.and
4:00 – 5:00 p.m. to answer your questions.
If you have any questions, please call 507-934-0662.
We’ll be glad to help.
227 South Front Street
Saint Peter, MN 56082
Phone: (507) 934-0662
Fax: (507) 934-4917
E mail: email@example.com